Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new whirlpool refrigerator with the middle drawer…

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new whirlpool refrigerator with the middle drawer and freezer on the bottom. We purchased it in April of 2017. The ice maker has stopped producing ice. We opened the bin and there was no ice in the bin

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it brand new in April of 2017. We it is 5 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't think so. I looked at the troubleshooting and it looks beyond our capabilities.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything. It has been working fine until yesterday.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Open the fresh food section door the model /serial number is ***** on the interior wall near the top.

and when you say there was no water in the bin . do you mean the ice maker cube cavities or the ice storage bin?

I mean there were no ice cubes in the bin. Will provide you the model and serial number shortly

ok can you also feel in the top of the icemaker to see it there is any water or ice in the cube cavities ?

Model WRX735sDBM04Serial number K708226613

When you say top of the ice maker you mean with the ice maker door opened?

yes with the icemaker ice cube storage container pulled out and then reach in on the left side on top of the icemaker to feel if the cavities are #1 empty ,#2 full of cubes that have not been dumped ,#3 full of unfrozen water.

I need to move the refrigerator out of where it is to access this sine the left side of the refrigerator is against a wall and I can't get the bin door to open all the way unless I pull out the refrigerator. The feet are locked. How to I unlock them so I can roll it ouy

NO inside the refrigerator not on the outside!!

Ok. There is no way I can open the bin entirely without removing the left top door of the refrigerator I think we need to call a professional for this unless you have any other suggestions
I have to say I haven't heard the water feed running in a few days. We do have water flowing for the water dispenser though and as far as I can tell it seems like the bins are empty
Inside the bin. In order to access the bin the left door needs to be completely open and it cannot be completely open since it it right next to a wall on that side

ok now I see what your saying about having to pull the unit out.

And yes the left door has to be fully open to remove the ice storage container.

So I you feel you can not pull the unit out to be able to open the left door fully then yes contact a local appliance repair company.

Do you have any suggestions for the Panama City Florida area?

For A & E Factory Service /Sears Call 1-***-***-**** to schedule an appointment ..

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time