Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A GE PROFILE CONV/MICROWAVE THAT DOES NOT START THE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A GE...

I HAVE A GE PROFILE CONV/MICROWAVE THAT DOES NOT START THE TIMER AND BUTTONS WORK BUT NO SOUND. I UNPLUGGED IT ETC BUT NOTHING. IS THERE A RESET BUTTON

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MODEL NUMBER IS *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its a reset yes we have a hurracine here so forget getting service

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its from 2007 so if its not a quick reset i will buy the newer one that will be the exact replacement

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the buttons don't even beep when you push them but some of them still respond and others don't, you have a bad display control board. You already tried to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and that didn't work so the only thing left is to replace the display board which is about $250 I'm sorry to say. The part number for the display board is WB27X10791.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?