Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It seems my freezer at the bottom is having problems. It's…

Customer Question
It seems my freezer...

It seems my freezer at the bottom is having problems. It's humming, and I am not getting ice made

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

650 I have only had it for three months The former owner of the condo sold it with the condo. I don't know what to do. It reads that the freezer is 40 degrees Nomatter how many times i try to shut it, it doesn't seem tight enough or something

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have to go to work tomorrow, and I wouldnt know what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Who do I call to look at it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter? If so I will need your zip code in order to find the most reputable appliance repair man in your area to get out there and take a look at this for you. From the sounds of it you may have a bad door gasket which is causing these issues to happen. The freezer isn't getting cold enough, on top to make ice because the door is not securely closed. The temp wont drop because the door is not sealed. Until this is fixed the problem will only become worse.