Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool wed8500dc1 dryer and all the lights on…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool wed8500dc1 dryer and all the lights on the display are on and number just keep doing circles like it's stuck my son said he opened the door before the load was finished and didnt stop it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about a year and a half model is wed8500dc1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it will not be to hard

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have unplugged it waited an hour and plugged it in with not change in the display

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried holding the cancel or off button for a few seconds? Also is it just dashes going around in a circle like it does on the wrinkle release setting?

It is just fash none of the buttons seem to respond or should I hold it for a set time
Hello are you still here

i am thank you for the model number give me just a moment please

what we need to do is try and put your unit into diagnostics mode here is the information to do this.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a5080347345/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10680150%20-%20Rev%20D.pdf

First how do I get to stand by mode everything is flashing. Second I still tried the buttons and hold times it suggests nothing happened

do me a favor unplug the unit for 5 minutes and lets try this one more time. Its starting to sound like your control board may have possibly failed.

Ok I can do rhat

let me know what happens

Same thing

give me just one more second to see if it can be anything else before ruling the control board failure.

so sadly the only option is that your control board has failed and will need to be replaced

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10739349/0026/110.html?modelNumber=WED8500DC1&categoryName=Residential%20Dryer&brandName=WHIRLPOOL

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.