Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I went to take the light bulb out and didn't realize you…

Customer Question
I went to take...

I went to take the light bulb out and didn't realize you turned the glass so I unscrewed the two metal screws and it flashed and shut off. When we reset the breaker and now it's doing an F1 and it won't stop. What do we do now>

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefuly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I spelled it all out

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Hopefully I will hear very soon! I so need my wall ovens. They are Dacors and I bought them in 1998. The model number is *****
I guess I will wait for a typed response. We just can't afford that right now. Bummed...as I would rather speak to someone.

F1 means that your main relay control board has an internal short I'm sorry to say. You would need to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplug the oven and re-install the light socket. Then the display board will need to be replaced. This is not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say. The board is no longer made so you'd need to uninstall your oven and remove the main board and send it to a place like Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished which costs about $200-300 and takes about a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The number is ***** Serial number BCB101083 If I put the light bulb back in will that possibly reconnect it to work?

That will not fix anything I'm afraid. The control board is part number 92029 and it's still made for this model. Below is a link to the control board for this model which is about $300 and mounted above the oven.

CLICK HERE for control board

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Turns out that didn't fix the problem. They put a new board in & light bulb kit & it still isn't working. Any thoughts now on what's going on?? It's been costly.

That would mean that the display board also shroted out and would need to be replaced as well.

We had a service tech come out with new board & light bulb kit & oven still doesn't work. We're now into it at $493 & not sure what else it may cost. So what's your opinion of what's wrong at this point?

So I told you from the beginning that the relay board is shorted---that is different than the display board. I'm not sure what board the service tech replaced but at a minimum, the relay board is shorted. If the surge went as far as shorting out the display board, then BOTH board would have to be replaced.

I will check. I am not certain of board but will find out.

ok. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago