Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher I'd stuck and restart. I can't get to restart…

Customer Question
My dishwasher I'd stuck...

My dishwasher I'd stuck and restart. I can't get to restart to shut off so that I can restart the button. I don't know how to cancel it I tried unplugging but that didn't help. So I'm not sure what else I can do can you help me. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It's a Maytag dishwasher and Sunday The model number is ***** milks he's me a WBO and the series is if you know this so(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's easy. Is there a way just to reset it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just saw something here that says press and hold heated dry five seconds to add to crawl under lock your control and then repeat it to unlock maybe I should try that

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

A couple of ways to try, may depend on the cause

Cycle power to the control to reset the dishwasher:

Much like a computer, resetting the dishwasher control can sometimes solve the issues you are experiencing. To reset the dishwasher control panel, it needs to be disconnected from the power source for one minute. If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in. If the dishwasher is hard wired to the power supply, turn the breaker off at the home electrical panel that powers the dishwasher for one minute and then turn the breaker back on.

Restart part way thru cycle

Step 1

Press the "Cancel Drain" button on the display. Allow about 2 minutes for the dishwasher to completely drain.

Step 2

Choose a cycle under "Cycles" on the panel.

Step 3

Select an option or options under "Options" on the panel.

Step 4

Push the "Start Resume" button.

Hard Reset

press these buttons in this order... 3 times

normal wash - then - heated dry

If none of these work, then unfortunately it means a Control Board issue and a Service call

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

I guess I need a repair man

One more option

Step 1

Open and close the door of your Maytag dishwasher.

Step 2

Locate the "Rinse" button on the dishwasher control panel. Press and release the button five times in quick succession.

Step 3

Press and release the adjacent "Drain/Off" button on the control panel two times; this will deactivate the dishwasher's demo mode.

Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home without some closer inspection and intervention. This is the case here, and my best advice is to seek local hands-on inspection and service, it is for a good reason, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time and money.