Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave with touch pad numbers, 6 months old. everything…

Customer Question
Microwave with touch pad...

Microwave with touch pad numbers, 6 months old. everything else works but start button. hold down start button, it will go to a frame with a key picture on the screen. At this point, start key will make a sound anytime I press it but that doesnt work once I unplug it and try again

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic NN SU6965 I bought it 6 months ago

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started. unplugging, plugging back in. I can set a time for cooking, but then start wont work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
I know now that the picture I was describing is the "child lock" feature. I can now put it on "lock" and unlock it again. The button beeps at the time I do this. However it still refuses to start, and I have checked the door to be sure it is closed securely.
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

I am still waiting, I just paid $31 for nothing.

does the start button seem to be stuck in any way? Or is it possible that the door switch is not letting the unit know the door is closed in order to run like it should.