Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore Model #79071319705 and the over will not…

Customer Question
We have a Kenmore...

We have a Kenmore Model #79071319705 and the over will not heat up. I took off the bottom cover in the oven and the ignitor is turning red but the burner will not light. the top burners work just fine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years and that is the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
At one point it would ignite but only heat up to 95 deg or so.
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common issue but one easily corrected! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Even though the igniter is glowing, they grow weak and do not draw enough current through the bimetal in the gas valve to allow it to open to heat the oven. The igniter will need to be replaced and is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!