Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

While getting ready for Hurricane Irma, I filled the washer…

Customer Question
While getting ready for...

While getting ready for Hurricane Irma, I filled the washer with water and propped the lid open. Shortly after I heard the pump running and the green light off. I unpluged the washer until after we got back whaen Irma was over. I plugged it back in and still have the same problem. How can I resetr the machine. Our washer is Model # NTW4605EW

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana Model # NTW4605EW, about two years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it doesn't require a Service call

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not a mechanic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

May I ask a question? Did you let the washer fill itself up or did you add water so it was filled higher than normal?

I haven't heard from you and I hope you are alright? If you pored water into the washer and filled it higher than normal the pressure switch would see that as flooding and start the drain pump. If you plug it in and let the pump run for up to 15 minutes it should reset. This normally works but if not we will need to enter diagnostics. Let me know what happens.