Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge profile dishwasher and the smartdispense isn't…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge profile dishwasher and the smartdispense isn't working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 7 years old (model PDW9280N00ss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, trying. i ran the purge cycle 3 times yesterday but resovoir is still full

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so....i'm assuming i used 2 different detergents but have no idea. I just noticed they weren't getting cleaned so called a repair guy who did nothing except to tell me cap wasn't on tight

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
how can i tell if the feature is even on? I found that if you hit "added heat" 5 times it turns it on and off ....but can't tell if I just turned it on or off?
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

i haven't gotten a response

so what is sounds like to be is the dispenser pump has went bad. It pumps into the dispenser to pump out the detergent. If this isn't working then it needs to be replaced. You will also see a helpful video to assist you with this job as well.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-dispensing-det-asm-wd12x10384-ap5331937.html

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.