Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer wont spin 20 yr old SAV2655AWW

Customer Question
Maytag washer wont spin 20 yr...
Maytag washer wont spin
20 yr old SAV2655AWW
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to justAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? Also how easily does the drum spin by hand?

It does not spin freely, I had thought it was only supposed to go in one direction.
In Spin Cycle, the motor spins but the belt has slack as if not engaging.

have you checked to see if the belt is still around the drum?

This is a washing machine. The belt is around the motor pump and transmission
The belt is in place, but ready to be replaced
the belt is in place and the motor runs but the belt is not engaging, it remains slack.
Thanks for the videos, I will follow the repair routine and let you know how this works

sounds good and keep me posted the videos can be very helpful I always try to include them when I can.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.