Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE refrigerator model GNE25JMKAFES (french door freezer on

bottom) - ice maker in...
GE refrigerator model GNE25JMKAFES (french door freezer on bottom) - ice maker in freezer doesn't want to start making ice after we emptied tray to clean it.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: General electric model GNE25JMKAFES (french door with freezer on bottom) about 15 months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was sort of hoping it was something that just got turned off, so that I could get it to restart. Otherwise, probably yes if it's not complicated. The rest of the fridge works perfectly, it just won't start making ice cubes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We took the freezer ice tray out to clean it and then put it back in within less that 10 minutes. The entire freezer compartment was open for perhaps 15 minutes, no more, while we were cleaning. Also, the green light on the ice maker component at the back of the compartment is on.
9/17/2017
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Did you make sure the ice maker switch on the side is still turned on? How long ago did you put the ice machine back together?

There is a small light by a switch at the rear of the freezer compartment that is lit green. I figure this means it is turned on. The tray was removed and replaced about 3 hours ago. I tyrned the switch off and back on again about 40 minutes ago. I also used tge water dispenser inside the food compartment and that's working fine.

you may just not have waited long enough to give it time to freeze up the mold try and make ice again. If its turned on and the light is on it should be in working mode. Does your unit have that silver arm at the side that pushes up and down?

There is a horizontal white flap at the back that seems to be there to sense when the tray is filled to capacity. Could it really take hours?

yes it can sadly.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Well, I guess I can wait overnight. So if the green light is lit is there anything else to do to restart it?

nope there should not be. In the event it doesnt start making ice by tomorrow you are always welcome to follow up with me on here.

travis webb
Okay thank you.

You are very welcome. It has been my pleasure to be of assistance with you today.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb