Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool ice maker won't put out ice cubes, 9+ years…

Customer Question
My whirlpool ice maker...

My whirlpool ice maker won't put out ice cubes

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9+ years model ed5fhexst02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is wrong

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question. Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Check the ice maker itself and see if there is ice in the ice maker that has not dropped, if so replace the ice maker because the thermostat inside the ice maker has failed and its not telling it to start a harvest cycle. If there is not any ice in it replace the water inlet valve because it has failed and not putting water in the ice maker. Both replacement parts are listed below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Kit

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

Refrigerator Ice Maker Assembly

Part #: 626662 - click here for part info at sears

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a moment to rate my assistance, thanks.

i want to unsubscribe to this site
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

If you don't want a subscription and just want to pay for the one question contact customer service and they can help you, we experts have no access to your account information or details we are just here to help answer your appliance questions. Please remember to rate my assistance before you go, thanks.