Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch Dishwasher takes nearly four hours to complete it's…

Customer Question
My Bosch Dishwasher takes...

My Bosch Dishwasher takes nearly four hours to complete it's cycle....that does not seem right....what do you think

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is DLX Series Model Number SHX46L05UC/24 and the Dishwasher is 11 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just tell me that this is not the normal length it should take to complete one cycle....what could be wrong if anything?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Its probably just a bad turbidity sensor, that is what senses the dirt and grime in the water so as the unit washes the dishes it monitors the clearness of the water and thats how the unit knows when the dishes are clean, when the sensor gets old they dont report properly to the main control so the unit thinks the dishes are dirty and keeps running the cycle.

Dishwasher Turbidity Sensor

Part #: 00165279 - click here for part info at sears

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,

I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a second to rate my assistance, thank you.