Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer MVWC200XW#1. I have gotten an F2E1…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag washer MVWC200XW#1. I have gotten an F2E1 error code: "stuck key." I do not understand what this is and what I can do about it. thank you, *****: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a Centennial and it is 1-2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know. The basic problem is that it will not run. If you just press start, the lid lock goes on and the sensing light goes on but then there is a short turning/grinding noise and the lid lock starts blinking and will not go off until you unplug.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question. Thank you for your patience.

ok
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

On that particular model basically all you can do is try to reset the control by unplugging the washer for 5 minutes and plugging it back in , if after that you keep getting that particular error code the main control has failed and will have to be replaced. The stuck key error on that model is a little misleading as there are no keys but what its registering is the rotary dial built into the control board has failed.

Washer Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10296058 - click here for part info at sears

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a moment to rate my assistance, thank you.