Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher Model # 66512793K311. I'm…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher Model # 66512793K311. I'm trying to clear 3 error codes: F6E4, F5E1, and F9E4. Working on the F6E4 code, I'm trying to access the spill off reservoir to clean that area. I have the shelves removed but can't figure out next steps.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As mentioned above, the model# ***** ***** We purchased it in 2014.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dishwasher starts to run but within 1-2 minutes starts flashing "Washing", "Add a dish". and "Start". It did this same thing several weeks ago but after many trys it started to run normally. Now it's having the same errors when I run the diagnostics.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The error code F6-E4 is a 1. Overfill switch stuck in “Overfill” (open) position and/or dishwasher not level.

Remove any items stuck under float. Verify that the float moves freely and you hear the “click” of the switch contacts. Check levelness of dishwasher. Measure switch resistance (see Fill Strip Circuit diagram).

The float switch is located on the front left corner of the unit ,you do not need to remove anything except the lower rack just pull it out and grab the float and raise and lower it several time and listen do you hear a clicking sound as it goes up and down?

The code F5-E1 is door is not closed.

And the F9-E1 is a Diverter motor not able to find position.

You can NOT clear the error codes, but when a new one appears the oldest of the stored codes will disappear the control retains the last four error codes .

If you have any questions just rely back to me!

The float switch is located on the front right side (see attached photo). It moves freely and clicks. After trying several time, I finally got the machine to start washing, however, it again stopped in the middle of the cycle as it did before with the blinking "Washing" light. Apparently it got past the "Add a dish" option. But it still does not work. You referenced code F9-E1 in your response, but my code is F9-E4. I don't know if your reference is a typo or you just misread. Please let me know next steps. Thanks.
I'm glad because I didn't realize that a phone call is an ADDITIONAL $24!!!! Please disregard the phone call request and continue with online responses. Not much progress yet. Thanks.

you are correct I did read it as F9-E1 not E4 the error code of F9-E4 means Lower Spray Arm Error ,,

1. Mechanical binding or blocking of spray arm.

2. Corroded or loose connection in spray arm sensor or motor circuit.

3. Open fuse on control to spray arm motor.

4. Spray arm drive circuit on the control.

5. Spray arm motor or sensor.

id you turn the lower spray arm by hand does it turn freely?

And does it seem as if during a wash mode that you hear the circulating pump running to pump water thru the lower spray arm?

While the spray assembly sits in the dishwasher, the assembly does not turn freely. The small spinner turns freely but there is a resistance and clicking sound when I turn the larger spinner. If I lift the spray assembly out of the washer, both spinners turn freely. When I can get it to run it seems that water is pumped through the lower spray arm..

ok the clicking is the divert-er gears clicking .

When the arm is in place and the unit is running and water is flowing does the lower spray arm rotate or does it stay in one place?

It rotates.

ok calling you!

Please don't call if it is going to cost me $26. Thanks!

I went to call you and the web site is saying the premium service failed do not fulfill!

This is normally a credit card issue where your credit card company sees more then one charge and they block the charge thinking it is a scam ,you will need to contact your card company.

oh ok I just got your last post ,the phone charge is $24.00 but I understand.

Please don't call!!!

the issue that your having is that the lower spray arm does turn ,BUT the sensor on the diverter motor assembly is not telling the main control board that the spray arm is actually turning .

Which means it is probably an issue with the sensor on the diverter assembly .

I recommend replacing the diverter motor assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

the parts link even has a video showing you how to install the part.

Thanks Woody! Makes sense! Sounds like an intermittent problem with the sensor. Guess the sensor cannot be replaced without replacing the entire unit? Couldn't get the video to work on the website.

yes the assembly has to be replaced the sensor does not come separate from the assembly .

As for the video It has to be your system it opens and starts for me .

You can also just look this up on youtube and the video will come up .

((KitchenAid Dishwasher Diverter Motor Replacement #W10843811))

Couldn't get it to work in Chrome but it did work in Internet Explorer. I'll try to replace that part and report back.

no problem.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Thanks again! We can handle that! (-;

have a nice day .

please remember to rate me !