Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My BravosXL dryer sensor he dryer keeps shutting off and…

Customer Question
My BravosXL dryer sensor...

My BravosXL dryer sensor he dryer keeps shutting off and saying check your lint screen check vent. Help, this is very annoying, I cleaning the screen after every drying and today wouldn't even dry two hand washable items.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Bravos XL about two years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, just need to know if I need to hire a technician or if there is an easy fix. I should say the man who installed it put in a funny vent, could this be my problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Its definitely the vent, whats happens when the vent does not allow proper air flow because its stopped up or its pinched and not letting airflow out correctly the hot air backs up into the dryer and makes the element cycle on and off way too fast which causes the dryer to not heat properly. The vent needs to be checked and fixed so that it allows proper airflow.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.