Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an F04 error code after turning circuit breaker off…

Customer Question
I have an F04...

I have an F04 error code after turning circuit breaker off to replace a burned out oven bulb. How do I clear the error message?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes I have tried the power off again and back on and the error code still shows up for the lower oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I cannot afford a repair technician at this time

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time what do I need to do? I am pretty handy with tools and working on electrical issues

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me the model number of the unit in question so I can be of better assistance, thanks.

It is a Bosch 5000 Series double wall oven. Model # HBL 5055 A UC
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

I tried accepting your phone call request but you payment for the service failed for whatever reason, anyhow I can answer you here, the F04 error means:

LOWER OVEN LATCH MECHANISM motor has failed and will need to be replaced, they are no longer being manufactured for that model but you can still find them on ebay below is a link to a listing for one on ebay:

Bosch Door Latch Motor 00490365 - click here for part listing on ebay

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson