Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, model #WRF 560 SEY MOO. The…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, model #WRF 560 SEY MOO. The ice maker arm is detached and I can't stop the ice maker nor can I see where to reinsert the arm. Is there a way to remove the drawer that the bin is in?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

April, 2013. Type 2050BM Serial # VS25149367

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. Can't do any heavy lifting though!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I really can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, below is a video on how to attach the wire arm back onto the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for video

If you needed better access then just sliding the drawer open, you'd need to unclip the bins and remove those, then unscrew the front panel and remove the front panel so you have better access. It's difficult to see with the drawer in your way, but hopefully the video will give you a good enough idea of where to place the arm you can put it back in with all that disassembly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.