Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool gold ice maker problems gdsrvaxvy02 ice despencer…

Customer Question
Whirlpool gold ice maker...

Whirlpool gold ice maker problems gdsrvaxvy02 ice despencer won't go back on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Was here when i bought youe gdsrvaxvy02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to it was stuck so I emptied the ice cleaned out the shoot and when I tried to put the bin back on it won't go down

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The part that you press to take the bin off fell off the bin when I took it off and I had to put it back on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So that button is attached to a release lever that should unclip the bucket, then the bucket just pulls up and out without much effort as well as seat the bucket back onto the door easily. First, try to align that metal shaft properly which comes from the auger motor in case it's not lining up straight when you put the bucket on. To do this, just close the door and push the ice dispenser paddle for a second. Now put the bucket on. If it still won't sit, tape the light switch in at the top of the door way. Push the ice paddle on the front of the door and try to seat the ice bucket down properly again while pushing in the button.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?