Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bottom heating element does not come on in Bake mode and…

Customer Question
Bottom heating element does...

Bottom heating element does not come on in Bake mode and then top element comes on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, maybe

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Can you give me the model number so I can be of better assistance, thanks.

ECS136
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

ok you will need use a ohm/volt meter and check the element for continuity if it has continuity its good, if not its bad and needs to be replaced, if the element is good then the main board is bad but unfortunately the main board for that unit has been discontinued and is no longer available you might be able to find a used on ebay or amazon I have listed both part numbers below:

ERC - main control board - Part Number: 62964

an alternative for the main board if you can't find one to order is you can send it in to the company linked below and they will rebuild the board for you:

click here for more information on having your board rebuilt

Bake Element - 72347 - click here for part info

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi there,

I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a second to rate my assistance, thank you.