Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will not start

Customer Question
Dryer will not start
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located inside the door way? And is the dryer completely dead or do you have lights/sounds? etc...

No sound. It just happened over night. Model: NED4600YQ1

OK so the fist thing you want to do is make sure the dryer is getting correct power from your house. Flip the breaker off and back on. Then if it still won't start, pull the dryer out and test power between the 2 outside power wires on the power cord where it attaches to the back of the dryer on the terminal block. If you have 220 volts, then you're definitely getting power.

The next thing you want to do is open the door and push the door switch to make sure it still clicks. If it doesn't click, it needs to be replaced. Other than that, most likely you just have a bad fuse. This model is made by Whirlpool because Whirlpool bought out Amana in 2006 so the fuse is mounted on the back of the dryer just above the exhaust exit vent. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access the fuse and test it as well as a link to the fuse if you wanted to order and replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for video

CLICK HERE for fuse

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?