Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Apparently I have a bad bearing on my Maytag front load

Customer Question
Apparently I have a...

Apparently I have a bad bearing on my Maytag front load washer. Can I continue to use it until it "dies" and is it eating up more energy using it this way?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure of age; was here when I moved in. MLE2000AYW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

God help us! The tech told me the bearing couldn't be replaced, I need a new washer/dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm very concerned about energy costs since my electric bill is very high!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes you can continue to use it until it starts to leak or Just fails completely, its not gonna make your energy bill any higher than normal if the motor is gonna draw the same power regardless, and at the point its so bad its causing that much friction on the drive motor the computer will shut it down and now allow it to run anymore, so you will be fine on power consumption while it still works.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.