Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool front loader washing machine and the drum…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool front loader washing machine and the drum is not rotating smoothly by hand. It feels like it is grabbing/sticking.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The Whirlpool is approximately 10 years old. Model No. AWO 3561

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is likely to be the reason for this problem?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 11 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the tub feels like it has friction when turning and its not a smooth rotation then the main bearing in the rear of the tub is shot and will need to be replaced to repair the unit, unfortunately that is a very costly and difficult repair so I would advise to just use the unit if its still working until it fails completely which it will or go ahead and replace the unit.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.