Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I go to the quick diagnostic test and the door locks.

Customer Question
I go to the...

I go to the quick diagnostic test and the door locks. Nothing else happens, it stays in the COO test phase

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Couple of days, I have installed new door lock swithch thinking it may be bad but changed nothing

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Was hoping to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was getting a F6 E1 error code at first and now am getting F5 E1

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes, f5 e1 shows door swith

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The F5 E1 means the control is not recognizing the door is closed so it will not proceed through the diagnostic cycle. The door lock is new and the wiring between the control and the lock are in good order?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

M# ***** *****

Thank you! The F5 E1 means the control is not recognizing the door is closed so it will not proceed through the diagnostic cycle. The door lock is new and the wiring between the control and the lock are in good order?

that payment should go thru for you now

You have to request a call again, I cannot send that. It is done automatically and we have no control over those messages.

The door lock is new and the wiring between the control and the lock are in good order?

were you going to call me?

I can't, the request expired, you have to request another call on your end, I do not have that option.

16 Sept 2017, 7:05 PM

can we just go thru steps on here as opposed to phone call?

Yes, of course. That is why I keep asking you the same question I need an answer to. :~)

16 Sept 2017, 6:43 PM

new door lock and wiring looks good

Okay, so the control is still "seeing" an issue with the door lock circuit, supported by the error code and that it will not progress through the forced diagnostic cycle. So, if the lock is new and the wiring is intact, the machine control is the only other thing in the lock circuit. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There are screws on the back edge of the top panel. Once removed, slide top back and lift off. The main machine control is mounted on the right side at the top. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

ok, we also install a new CCU. manuel states if not door switch then CCu is bad

If you replaced the CCU and the door lock, it has to be a wiring issue. It would be helpful to know what all you have done as it saves a lot of time having all of the information.

those 2 parts are what I have replaced. If you try to run a wash cycle it will lock door but goes no futher than that

It won't because the control thinks the door is open. If you remove the connectors at the board, you will see that the contact points are very small "wires" that come down to a V point that contact the board. With the machine unplugged, use a needle to apply a little pressure on those V points in the door switch harness labeled DL to bend them down so they make a better contact to the board. Any change?

i will try that and get back....thanks.i will need to work on them some more tommorrow. it is late here and I need to get up early . that did seem to help some but I think I need to go thru them again and a little better. can i get back with you Sunday afternoon

Just reply back when you can, thank you!