Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a LG DLE4870W dryer and when we select a cycle, it…

Customer Question
We have a LG...

We have a LG DLE4870W dryer and when we select a cycle, it just beeps and doesnt start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is DLE4870W, We are not sure how old it is as we just moved into this new house

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It started randomly after ~10 tries And then it didn't dry the clothes properly.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

does the unit seem to be heating up? It could be a thermostat issue do you have a multimeter?

The unit started after trying ~8 to 10 times. and then when we came back after a couple of hours the clothes were damp and the dryer is acting up again

ok so it sounds like its not heating. Now do you have a multimeter to test these parts with?