Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How should I run the self cleaning cycle on my GE spectra…

Customer Question
How long should I...

How long should I run the self cleaning cycle on my GE spectra oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2002

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have removed vthe racks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Typically it's best to run the self clean for 2 hours and 30 minutes. You can definitely go longer but you risk the oven over heating and things like the oven sensor or the latch failing so I wouldn't set it for longer than that. If it doesn't get clean enough, you can always run a second cycle once the oven cools down.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?