Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Gemini double oven. The bottom element is…

I have a Maytag Gemini...
I have a Maytag Gemini double oven. The bottom element is not working. The broiler is still working. What would be more likely a burnt out element or a fuse?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

No fuse will cause just the bottom element to not work but allow the broil element to continue working. All thermostats/fuses cut power to both broil and bake. That means that most likely the bake element has just failed and needs to be replaced. The only other possibility would be a broken wire between the element and the display control board, or a bad relay on the control board itself. If you had a multimeter you can pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel. Then turn the oven onto bake and test power between the 2 wires where they connect to the bake element. If you have 220 volts, that confirms the bake element has failed and needs to be replaced.

To order a new element you'll need the model number which is located on a flip up metal tab on the back of the control panel for these Gemini units.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc