Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Normally when I open and close the refrigerator door it

Normally when I open...

Normally when I open and close the refrigerator door it feels like it forms a vacuum and the door is difficult to open again right away. That is no longer happening - it seems that the door is not closing that tightly. Is there anything I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is five years old - a side by side refrigerator/freezer. Is there somewhere on the unit that I could find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what needs to be done. If there is anything technical that needs to be done, i will have to have someone else do it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So what you are saying is definitely related to how the door seals, but it's never supposed to be such a great suction seal created that the door is difficult to open after you have closed the door, that is actually an issue with having too good of a seal. Either way, you can heat up the door seal with a hair dryer all the way around for 30 minutes or so and then close the door and don't open it for 6 hours to allow the door seal to set and seal better. That is about all you can do to help the seal seal better. But if you don't see a rip in the seal or something like that, there is nothing to worry about as far as the door not sealing well enough.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc