Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thank you. I have upright freeze and the keep getting door…

Customer Question
Thank you. I...

Thank you. I have upright freeze and the keep getting door ajar alarm. The door appears close tightly, but I keep getting the same alarm.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just pass few days.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, maybe it depend.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Up until now I have not had problem with freeze.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the door is definitely shutting all the way, only the door switch or the control board can cause your problem. If you have a multimeter, you can remove the switch and test it to see if it's working properly, but if not I would replace the switch first as it's the most likely culprit. Open the door and look in the bottom right corner of the freezer frame. There is a little white rocker switch about 1" x 1". This is your door switch and it may have got wet when ice was building up or thawed. If you haven't given 24 hours for the switch to dry out, just give it some time. Other than that, replace the switch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

.