Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Model # MDB 8551 AWQ and the touchpad dose…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Model # MDB 8551 AWQ and the touchpad dose not seem to be operation

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure of the age. 10 - 12 years It is a Quiet Series 300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When my wife pressed rinse the #9 came up in the display and when she pressed start nothing happened, Now it seems to do nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It's possible that the dishwasher is in a 9 hour delay, but I would start by flipping the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then try to press the delay button several times to get it back to 0 hours. If it still won't respond, the touch control panel would need to be replaced and unfortunately for the bisque color which your model indicates you have, they don't make that color anymore, just black and white.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?