Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer model FFU21F5HWF. It…

I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire upright freezer model FFU21F5HWF. It gets cold, but doesn't freeze.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Frigidaire upright freezer model FFU21F5HWF

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was manufactured in 2009

9/16/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the freezer door does yo see any frost or ice on the rear interior wall panel?

No. We took off the panel on the interior wall to expose the coils, and there was hardly any frost build-up.

ok good info!

Can you pull the unit out and remove the rear inspection cover.

Then look at the Condenser fan and tell me if it IS running or not?

it is running

ok if the condenser fan is running and you have just a small amount of frost on the coil then you would have sealed refrigeration system issue.

Low on refrigerant or the compressor is pumping but not pumping the full volume of refrigerant thru it.

Which means your looking at around $500-as much as $800 to have it repaired ,it may be time to start looking for a new refrigerator.

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

Master Tech

good luck .Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.