Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezet door says door is ajar and lkeeps beeping the…

Customer Question
My freezet door says...

My freezet door says door is ajar and lkeeps beeping the modeñ number is ***** could this mean i need a new seal

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Yes we unplug it wait five minis and stiill beeping the model numbet is ffu14ffshwm and the serial numbet is wb14937965

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depemd on what you can tell me if it needs a new seal are if something else is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Their was ice built up on the botton shelf and watet leaking from underneath the freezer

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This issue doesn't have anything to do with your door seal if the door is shutting still. Unfortunately it sounds like your door switch probably shorted out so it's not sensing that the door is shut. Open the door and look in the bottom right corner of the freezer frame. There is a little white rocker switch about 1" x 1". This is your door switch and it probably got wet when ice was building up or thawed. If you haven't given 24 hours for the switch to dry out, just give it some time. Other than that, replace the switch. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for door switch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?