Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refig turned off during the night. RF4287HARS, First time in…

Customer Question
Refig turned off during...

Refig turned off during the night. RF4287HARS

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time in 4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The display shows off for both rref and freezer. Fan is still running.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Samsung RF4287HARS

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

OK

So when both displays show OF, it means your refrigerator went into demo mode, but it's actually rather difficult to accidentally put the refrigerator into demo mode. This is a common way for the Samsung refrigerators to fail so it may not be able to be reset. To try to reset the issue, press and hold 2 buttons together. These two buttons are the POWER FREEZE and ENERGY SAVER mode buttons together for 5 seconds and that will exit demo mode. If it doesn't exit, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you need a new display board because the display board has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

DId not work.

OK well as I mentioned, it's not easy to just "accidentally" put the refrigerator into demo mode so if it went on it's own then your display board has failed and would need to be replaced because it's not going to just reset.

Did not work.

Did you not get my reply?

QUOTE:

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?