Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Help my fridge won't come on the model is frigidaire

Customer Question
help my fridge won't come...
help my fridge won't come on
the model is frigidaire dgus2645lf6a
there are the letters of of over the ice maker
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Frigidaire Refrigerator Error Code OF OF = The freezer off setting has been turned ON.

To turn the freezer off, set the control to 10° and push the up arrow. “OF” will appear in the display. With the control set to off, the freezer light will still operate, but neither the compressor or the defrost cycle will. There is a 13 minute compressor off time delay built into the control.

To turn the control on push the down arrow. 10° will appear in the display. If the freezer is to be operated at a temperature below 10°, push the down arrow until the desired temperature is indicated on the control. The control is designed to fail safe. If the control fails the compressor runs continuously with a 30 minute defrost cycle every 12 hours.

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.