Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet washer has shown Sd and F21 codes for awhile…

Customer Question
Whirlpool duet washer has...

Whirlpool duet washer has shown Sd and F21 codes for awhile now. I have dumped the drain ass'y, checked hoses and reinstalled. Changed pump , same result, Sd then F21. Wife found out you could finish wash by running rinse cycle , I have changed the pressure switch. The washer would always quit at the same cycle, it would get down to about 1 minute then quit. Now when we turn it on , I hear a click or 2, then nothing. I can unlock the door with stop button. the tub tried to spin like normal once, but no water or anything else. Help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 years old , has been thru 3 or 4 pumps , so I know the symptons. But this time it never finishes a wash, goes to Sd and F21. There are no visible suds in washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it is the control panel or ccu

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like you're on the right track. If the water is drained out of the tub and you keep getting Sd F21, only the CCU and the pressure switch can cause the problem. It sounds like you replace the pressure switch already so disconnect the hose from the switch and blow through it to make sure it's not clogged with gunk. If you can blow through it and the error comes back---replace the CCU I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is there anyway to check the ccu

you can not unfortunately and if you hadn't already replace the pressure switch that would definitely be a possibility but since the switch was already replaced, only a clogged pressure switch hose or the CCU can cause the problem---nothing else since it is draining.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?