Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Top Loading Profile Washer doesn't spin unless I

Customer Question
My GE Top Loading...

My GE Top Loading Profile Washer doesn't spin unless I unplug it, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in prior to washing a load of clothes. Sometimes I have to use the rinse cycle to get the machine to spin after washing a load. The pump has been replaced because it wouldn't empty properly. The lid shuts properly and seems to stop everything when raised.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think it is about seven years old. The tag is unreadable so I can't tell you the model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am beginning to suspect some kind of "mother board" or chip may be causing the issue.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

You will need to have the motor control board replaced in order to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help? Are you satisfied with the help I have given you? Please rate me a 5 star now using the star rating chart at the top of your page, Thanks.