Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a GE combo microwave/oven wall unit PT970SR3SS. The…

Customer Question
Have a GE combo...

Have a GE combo microwave/oven wall unit PT970SR3SS. The microwave portion of keypad does not work. Just blank. the oven portion works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

PT970SR3SS. maybe 5 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

ok so the microwave control panel is not working but the oven is?

microwave panel portion is blank. Oven portion works fine

so the part that is going to need to be replaced is the microwave control board.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WB27T11294/0022/364.html?modelNumber=PT970SR3SS&categoryName=Built-In%20Oven,%20Electric%20with%20Microwave&brandName=GE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.