Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a model GI6FARXXY08. the freezer compartment acts…

Customer Question
We have a model...

We have a model GI6FARXXY08. the freezer compartment acts like it's not defrosting on the right side. also, when in the defrost cycle water runs out of the bottom of the fridge onto the floor. what's wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model GI6FARXXY08, Make is Whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possiably, depends how serious the problem is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is 4 years and about 3 months old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter? IS the water not draining to the water pan underneath the unit? Also it may be that only part of your defrost heater is working and it may need to be replaced.