Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Concerning WM 1388 HW. Flaky installer failed to remove

Customer Question
Concerning WM 1388 HW...

Concerning WM 1388 HW. Flaky installer failed to remove shipping bolts. Before leaving, as a "test", he started TUB CLEAN, figuring that would be fast. I was in adjacent room for substantial portions of this run which took well in excess of two hours. I did not notice improper noises or behaviour by the machine.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Concerning WM 1388 HW just bought. Installer failed to remove shipping bolts. Before leaving, started TUB CLEAN, figuring this would be a short program he could use to test. Actually it ran well over two hours. Much of this time I was present, did not perceive unusual noises, noise level, or other questionable signs. QUESTIONS: I have remover the bolts. Can I use the machine now?

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Concerning washer WM 1388 HW

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Concerning WM 1388 HW just bought. Installer failed to remove the shipping bolts. Before leaving, he started "TUB CLEAN", figuring this was a short program he could just use to test. It actually ran well over two hours. Present for much of this time I did nit notice increased noise level, vibrations, unusual sounds or any other noteworthy behavior of the machine. Questions: (1) Having removed the bolts, can I now use the machine? (2) Could the machine have suffered damage? (3) Hiw can I find out if damaged or not? Thank you for helping me. Do I have to keep this screen up on my computer to catch your answer?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The good news is that this is no big problem. All you're going to need to do is remove the bolts (which is sounds like you did already) and now start a cycle again and you should be good to go again. The Tub Clean cycle is actually a very long cycle so that is why it took 2 hours. As long as the washer didn't damage your floors from jumping around due to the bolts not being removed, there is nothing to worry about at this point.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?