Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG WT4870CW washing machine goes through the wash cycle,

Customer Question
My LG WT4870CW washing...

My LG WT4870CW washing machine goes through the wash cycle, but when it comes to the rinse cycle it has an IE code.

Contractor's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes, it has happened many times so I just start it over and go through the wash cycle without detergent and then I go to spin and take the clothes out. I have not unplugged it yet.

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

This is my washing machine

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

My washing machine has done this for around 8 months.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you have a washing machine tech

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

OK

LE means the motor is locked out due to an unbalanced load. You need to reset it by doing the below.

1. Press POWER to turn the washer off.
  2. Unplug the washer from the power outlet or turn the circuit breaker to the unit off.
  3. With the power disabled, press and hold the START/PAUSE button for 5 seconds.
  4. Plug the washer back in, or turn the circuit breaker back on.

That should reset it so try and reduce the load size if its a big load and see how it goes from there.

But if it keeps happening all the time then theres a issue with the motor sensor or the motor itself im afraid which is causing the lock out on it.

For this you will need to get the motor and sensor checked out and replaced to fully cure the fault.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

the cold water filter was clogged. Thank you
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago

Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know. Bit of a strange one as a clogged water filter shouldnt causes a motor error code in there. But at least its working again for you.