Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model MDC4100AWX is making grinding noises. How can I fix…

Customer Question
Model MDC4100AWX is...

Model MDC4100AWX is making grinding noises. How can I fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few days. I stopped using it when the noise started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know. How hard will it be to do it myself?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. Is there some sort of a manual that tells e how to get the motor out?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

suspect that you have something in the Maserator / chopper blade area.

And you do not have to remove the entire pump assembly for that just remove the top pump housing .

No service manual on the unit due to it`s age.

After 7 years the manufacture stops supporting models with literature.

Let me see if I can find you a video on YouTube.

here is a video showing how to disassemble the pump and at 52 seconds shows the cutter / chopper blade.

Hello, Woody. I did not receive the video. Can you please resend?
I have an issue doing it today. I thought I would look at the video, but I won't be able to work on it until Monday
Can we continue this then?

oh here is the video again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXYEVLScF8c

Sorry I stepped away for lunch .

yes just reply back to me when you can .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Hi Woody.
I watched the film on how to fix the dishwasher grinder, and it looks easy enough. However, where do I get the repair kit?

I doubt if you will even need any parts ,all you should have to do is just take it apart and clean the debris out of the chopper area and put it back together.