Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

OUr Maytag Bravos washer is leaving dark marks on the

Customer Question
OUr Maytag Bravos washer...

OUr Maytag Bravos washer is leaving dark marks on the clothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Let me go check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes. It is a Maytag Bravos MCT top load washer. Guess it to be around 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The stains started about a month ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you want to do is run a cycle with a product called Washer Magic which you can pick up at Lowes or order online. If there is any build up in the washer, it will be cleaned out using this product (no clothes and hot water cycle). Now if the marks come back after cleaning the washer, you have a problem with your main bearing and seal going out and it's leaking grease. That would be about $300-350 to have someone replace the main bearing and seal.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.