Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an F10 message on my stove. I checked online and said…

Customer Question
I have an F10...

I have an F10 message on my stove. I checked online and said it was probably the oven thinks its hotter than it is and something about purplel wires. I don't have a sensor nd I don' know if my oven is still covered. How much does a service call cost for this sort of thing?

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

F-20 message on the stove. I checked online and said it thinks its hotter than it is and something about purple wires. I don't have a sensor. What can I do.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kenmore, hold on i'll get the paperwork, only a secnd.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm afraid i'll set the house on fire.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do u want the model numbers

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
its an F10 message not a F-20
on the book it says 790. 9270*, 9280*,9290* I've had it about 5 years
Is that too old , should I get a new stove? Since I don't have a sensor, I have no way to check it
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your unit?

on the paperwork, i says 790. 9270*, 9280*, 9290* and I've had it about 5 years. Does those #''s help you?

the model number should be located on the inside of the door area.

No, thanks, I'll call sears tomorrow

if the site offered the phone call its not from me I am more then willing to assist you on here at no additional cost.