Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wrf757sdem00. Fridge at around 50 degrees freezer varying…

Wrf757sdem00. Fridge at around 50...
Wrf757sdem00. Fridge at around 50 degrees freezer varying somewhat -5 to 10. Rear copper pipe near compressor frosted with ice and frost.
Compressor seems hotter than others I've seen. What would be causing this?
9/15/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Since the compressor suction line is frosting over ,you either have the freezer Evaporator coil frozen up and no air flow over the Evaporator coil OR the unit is low on refrigerant.

Open the freezer door and look on the rear interior wall panel ,do you see any frost or ice on the rear wall panel?

Not in the freezer door no. I even took the whole thing off and there was nothing. No ice build-up at and drain was clear
This is just a guess on information I'm giving you but I'm used to seeing the evaporator fan constantly on. But the refrigerator was on and the freezer door switch was pressed down and the light turned off but the fan would not come on until 5 - 10 minutes later. And even after that it turned back off after 5 minutes or so. It seems to be turning off more often than I'm used to seeing but again that's a guess on my part. And the fan does work when I tested it.

ok if you had an issue with the freezer Evaporator fan under normal operating conditions the Freezer coil would be icing up .

And if you have no frost on the Freezer Evaporator coils but the suction line in the rear next to the compressor is frosting up ,then you have a unit that is low on refrigerant .

How old is this unit?

are you sure that you had no frost build up on the freezer coil that would restrict air flow across the coil ?

do you have any frost on the rear wall in the fresh foor side?

Fresh food side I don't see any. Freezer I took the entire panel off and no major ice buildup only a little on the evaporator betweenr the evaporator and panel but no where else like a pancake to size of a dollar but not blocking the airway.
No ice need the fan. It's a very odd pattern. Nearly nothing. And this was when it was on and not defrosted prior.

ok so your saying you has a small ball of frost /ice on the evaporator coil? normally this would be on the top right hand corner of the coil if you had one.

It's not a ball like I'm used to seeing on the incoming line but a slither pancake in between the panel I took of and the evaporator
No ice anywhere else
Right below the fan but not near the blades
I don't have enough a picture unfortunately

ok I think the best thing to do is to call for a in home service call .

I suspect you have a sealed refrigeration system issue.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Is there a fresh food evaporator fan also? is there also maybe a damper door that would fail?

yes this unit has a Fresh food Evaporator motor also.

And no this unit does not have a damper door since it has two separate evaporators .

thanks.

problem!

Master Tech
Master Tech