Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer mah8700aww error d5 matag dryer mde9700atw…

Customer Question
Maytag washer mah8700aww error...

Maytag washer mah8700aww error d5 matag dryer mde9700atw error t5

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Really sucks going to laundry mat...lol.. just wondering if these are easy fixes, or am i better off calling someone in

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Washer mah8700aww dryer mde9700ayw

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure on age.. got them used.. i would say approx 6-8 years old washer error d5 - dryer error t5

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I can only assist you on one appliance per question !

The washer error code is actually Ds and that means =Door switch is read as open and the door locked switch is read as locked.

The washer is probably a bad door switch . easy to replace

If the dryer is not stacked on top of the washer.

And the dryer code Ts means= Dryer Thermistor Short Sensed

The dryer could be a clogged vent or a bad thermistor.

Let me know which appliance you want to tackle on this question and I will assist you further.