Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool two tier washer dryer combination replaced timer…

Customer Question
Whirlpool two tier washer...

Whirlpool two tier washer dryer combination replaced timer switch washer starts to fill and shuts off before filling, if I pression switch it will restart and shut off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

11/ 2013. md # wet3300x01....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Doesn't fill at start or rinse cycle...tried to run it once I got some water in and it stopped after spin cycle...filled started but stopped 30 sec ......

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I`m assuming when you sat if I press on the switch it will restart.

The switch your speaking of is the timer is that correct?

What is the part number of the timer that you installed?

And was this the reason that you replaced the timer?

replaced old-timer because it burned out, new timer part no W10113804C

Have you opened the console and made sure that the harness connection is locked in place on the timer.

And if it is you have to have a broken internal timer assembly.

Whom did you purchase the new timer from?

A company called Pws laundry supply...sent me timer

I would contact them tell them the issue and see if they will send you another timer under a warranty . but it is most definitely the timer

Waiting on a new replacement timer.. so I cannot give you a rating on a plus or minus yet thank you for your help so far

Ok no problem ,just do not forget about me!!

Okay put new timer in, now I get no water at all..could the load sensor be bad

You can test the load sensor easy enough,,

Test for continuity on 1 to 4 ,2 to 6 and 3 to 5 if you have continuity on those contacts at different load settings the load size is good.

And with the old timer you had water coming in correct?