Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool bath tub has been under 4 feet of flood water…

Customer Question
My whirlpool bath tub...

My whirlpool bath tub has been under 4 feet of flood water for 5 days. Will it still work? The insurance adjuster says it is fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Thanks 23 years old and I believe it is a Jaccuzi

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. Using a general contractor. Won't parts be rusted out?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
9/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Is it possible to open a panel surrounding the tub to allow airflow ?

That will certainly help dry things out more quickly, tho' I get the feeling this is the least of your troubles after this episode

Rust will take a lot longer than 5 days generally... was it fresh or salt water ?

Swamp fresh water. Cannot open panel.

Is there anything like a vent... if you can circulate air it will improve outlook... if it is damp and nasty water, it may be a mould issue in a few days

Are trades people coming to sort out things via insurance ?
The panel will come off, but it would need to be seen in situ for a how to

Thanks for no answer if it needs to replaced

I am not concerned with the Jacuzzi so much as the void it sits in and the issue of rank water creating other issues actually... the jacuzzi will be fine, but your bathroom may become a rather unpleasant breeding ground for mould in an enclosed space surrounding the tub if you are not able to dry it out...