Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A TEMP LIGHT ON. MY UNIT IS A SMALL UPRIGHT FREEZER.

Customer Question
I HAVE A HI...

I HAVE A HI TEMP LIGHT ON. MY UNIT IS A SMALL UPRIGHT FREEZER.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

THE MAKE IS A KENMORE . NOT TO SURE ON THE MODEL BUT IT WAS BOUGHT IN 2008 AND IT IS APPROX. 12 CU FT.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HAVE READ THE BOOKLET AND IT REALLY DOES NOT REFER TO DO ANYTHING.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The model number is ***** on a sticker inside the freezer behind one of the drawer. Do you see this there?

OK

Thanks for that. As this is a frost free model then sometimes what happens is too much ice builds up on the freezer evaporator and causes lack of air flow around the system and causes this fault.

What you can try if you can is empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel inside the freezer. Bhind theres is the evaporator. If this is covered in ice then you need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there.

Then turn it back on and this should cure the fault from there.

But if you dont fancy doing the above then you need to empty the freezer and turn it off and leave it 24 hours and this will allow the ice to melt itself from there.

Then after 24 hours turn it back on and that should cure the fault from there.

But if this doesnt work and theres not a big ice build up then im afraid its going to be the compressor itself at fault which is going to be an expensive repair.

CAN YOU CALL ME AT 6PM CENTRAL TIME. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. THANK YOU

You dont really need the call request as the answer is above.

If you need anymore info then you can just get back to me.

THANK YOU DANIEL. I'LL TRY THE RECOMMENDED FIX.

Your welcome.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician