Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Whirlpool gb2fhdxwq01. New Eva fan motor, bench tested at

Customer Question

Whirlpool gb2fhdxwq01. New Eva fan motor, bench tested at 120 v it runs. In fridge no run. Getting 97v across wires
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 or so years old. Model number in first message
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That should be it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

if your testing the evaporator fan harness and not having it attached to the fan motor when testing your not going to get the correct voltage ,what your getting we call ghost voltage.

The electronic control board has to sense the motor windings before you will get true voltage from the control board

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its attached and I only get 119mv

but if you have the fan motor harness connected to the fan and are testing for voltage if you do not get the correct voltage you either have a broken wire between the fan and the control board or the control board is bad.

Let me know how your testing the fan for voltage please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Touching the exposed terminals with fan attached. V=.119, amp=0

ok just to be 100% sure it is .119 volts not 119 volts?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

ok so then you have a faulty main control board (Jazz board in the fresh food ceiling .

It will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a diagnostic i can do to confirm?

no diagnostics but if you want to test the voltage right off the control board it is the J2-8 Red wire to the J1-6 red wire also looking for 120 volts A/C

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can do that. Can I keep this chat/ticket open until I do?

yes just reply back to me when you can

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
248 V. This sucks most stores here still without power

ok so you DO have a failed control board.

It will need to be replaced.

As long as you have the part number they should be able to get one off the shelf if they have it in stock .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time